Monday, March 23, 2009

M. Ward: "Medley: Rag/Duet for Guitars #3"

Watching M. Ward play at the SXSW La Zona Rosa party on Friday was a real treat. This must make it like, the 3rd or 4th time I've seen him play, and he just keeps getting better and better.

Even though it was a small set, all the songs he played were ones I count in my favorites of his. Which of his many instrumental songs he started with, I cannot remember, but he seems to like to get straight to it in his solo live shows and his albums. Here's a solid example of one of his original instrumental songs:


Watch him play his song "One Hundred Million Years" off his new album Hold Time live at SXSW, must've been Thursday at Auditorium Shores Stage (Lady Bird Lake).


Update: It looks like he started out that La Zona set with "Duet for Guitars #3" after all. Somebody who must have been standing five feet away from me got an excellent video. Makes me wish I had smuggled my camera in.

No comments: