Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Unable to watch the State of the Union address tonight

Because my AT&T High Speed Internet (DSL) connection is so utterly useless and incapable, I was unable to watch the President's State of the Union address tonight. I could not find a single solitary website that had an unbroken video stream of the broadcast of the President's speech.

I just deleted a profanity-filled rage letter to AT&T, but let me just say that I feel nothing but animus and resentment for this and every other telecommunications company with whom I have ever done business.

It makes me angry that AT&T collected US $6.4 billion in data service revenues this past year, and yet somehow, they are unable or unwilling to replace the copper wires in my neighborhood with fiber optic cables.

1 comment:

The Independent Rage said...

Don't worry. You didn't miss anything.